Shifting from Bricks & Mortar to an Omni-Channel, Customer-Focused Marketing Strategy
Digitization, regulations, evolving customer needs, and new competitors have set the stage for a significant rethinking of the traditional automotive retail model.
Retailers are moving from multi-channel to omni-channel customer engagement and are leveraging online and boutique stores. Big data and analytics are increasingly being used to refine and target customer marketing engagement. Competition in auto retail and aftersales is growing. Digital is becoming the starting point for customer decision journeys.
Customers have new mobility preferences, increasing needs for customization and are driving higher demand for used cars and fleet service. At the same time, auto-leasing, insurance companies, online vehicle comparison sites, and financial institutions are providing new streams of information that is outside of the direct influence of dealers, which are significantly impacting consumer buying decisions.
What We Do
Core Agenda works with automobile dealers, their marketing & sales teams and their marketing outside resources to help them:
- Evaluate their preparedness for a multi-channel to omni-channel customer experience transition by using the Core Agenda Multi-Channel to Omni-Channel Road Map Audit.
- Design and implement a customer experience plan that is consistent with their brand identity and establishes trust across all touchpoints; audit coverage gaps in key customer experience touchpoints and develop marketing initiatives to cover them.
- Develop a plan to better capture customer data and use customer analytics to improve operational performance across sales, marketing and customer service.
- Define an updated digital strategy in depth with clearly defined objectives and targets for each digital component; identify customer engagement KPIs to measure performance of digital and social media campaigns.
- Develop a balanced physical and virtual experience for customers with market-specific mixes of physical and digital presence to reflect the brand, individual models and customer expectations.
- Plan for a transition to an advanced integrated CRM system to fully support a seamless Omni-Channel customer experience when the dealership is ready to implement one (this class of systems facilitates access to holistic customer data by all employees captured at each touchpoint of the customer journey).
- Select and implement great customer-focused marketing initiatives that target key customer journey touchpoints, taking advantage of Core Agenda’s broad expertise in strategy, customer-focused marketing, digital marketing, marketing technology, creative services, business analytics and more.
- Simplify their struggle to modernize digital technology while not impeding ongoing business operations in the process.
- Make sense of the complex challenges across their top-level strategic journeys that underlie their marketing efforts, and work with them to grow new skills and capabilities to address today’s business challenges.