B2B Sales Are Data-Driven, Enabled by Digital Tools, Supported by Advanced Analytics, & Focused on Really Understanding the Customer
B2B marketing and sales are in the process of a significant transformation, with several core trends completely changing what will be required to be a market leader over the next several years.
Advanced analytics and machine learning have given sales executives access to historically unprecedented amounts of data and computing power, allowing them to predict with a high degree of precision the most valuable sales opportunities – and dramatically improve sales productivity accordingly. Buyers have become more content-driven, technically savvy, and comfortable engaging through digital channels.
This shift has given rise to a new breed of sales leaders who have technical and strategic expertise. Sales organization staffing has seen a significant reduction in the field sales and marketing functions, while inside sales and analytics teams are rapidly growing. Finally, as subscription-based models grow, sales need to be re-won on an ongoing basis – making the customer-relationship function much more critically important.
What We Do
Core Agenda works with CEOs, business owners and sales & marketing leaders to help them:
- Engage customers in the personalized way they want to be engaged, which requires developing a multi-channel sales & marketing strategy powered by smart digital investments, and which caters to the different needs of first-time and repeat customers.
- Implement digital tools to help sales teams address customer needs at each stage of their purchase journey, including interactive product demos, customer relationship management software, agile marketing software, online comparison engines, live chat, and video conferencing.
- Implement advanced analytics and machine learning to help resolve fundamental strategic questions, such as which customers to target, when to contact them, and what factors truly drive lead conversion rates.
- Develop a plan to more comprehensively capture and internally share customer engagement data across all touchpoints to improve operational performance across sales, marketing and customer service.
- Evalute and implement digitally enabled training resources to nurture and grow high-performing sales talent.
- Select and implement great customer-focused marketing initiatives that target key customer journey touchpoints, taking advantage of Core Agenda’s broad expertise in strategy, customer-focused marketing, digital marketing, marketing technology, creative services, business analytics and more.
- Simplify their struggle to modernize digital technology while not impeding ongoing business operations in the process.
- Make sense of the complex challenges across their top-level strategic journeys that underlie their marketing efforts, and work with them to grow new skills and capabilities to address today’s business challenges.