Integrating Sales & Marketing Into an Agile Growth Team;
Using Technology to Differentiate, Not Just Enable
Advances in technology are becoming increasingly entrenched in the consumer products industry, helping fuel growth and creating new benefits for both companies and their consumers. These developments are driven in part by the continued commitment of consumer products companies to a customer-focused approach to responding to marketplace trends, understanding consumer preferences, and deepening one-on-one connections with their customers.
In the past, consumer products companies have been technology laggards. But as consumers increasingly use digital resources to research, purchase, and engage with brands, getting on board with newer technologies is now imperative. In turn, consumer products companies are now using digital technologies to engage with their consumers in more innovative and direct ways – including direct-to-consumer brands and pop-up stores.
Technology is also being used by emerging consumer product entrants to innovatively transform the product development process – forcing established companies to play catch up. A core organizational enabler has been an agile operating model, where marketing and sales teams work closely together while brand managers collaborate with them full-time in quick iterations – reducing the cycle to market considerably.
What We Do
Core Agenda works with Consumer Products Company leaders to:
- Harness the power of advanced analytics to more deeply refine their understanding of consumers – as well as capture and analyze consumer behaviours on an ongoing basis to support insight-driven marketing approaches to grow profitable revenue.
- Become a true partner for retailers, adding value through sophisticated collaboration programs built on shopper insights, integrated supply chains, systems and data sharing.
- Select and implement great customer-focused marketing initiatives supporting direct to consumer distribution models that target key customer journey touchpoints, taking advantage of Core Agenda’s broad expertise in strategy, customer-focused marketing, digital marketing, marketing technology, creative services, business analytics and more.
- Engage consumers in an ongoing dialogue through social media platforms, new digital touchpoints and approaches such as crowdsourcing, while actively managing digital ROI.
- Better understand the opportunities reflected across emerging technologies, develop plans to use technology to differentiate and not just enable their organizations, and simplify their struggle to modernize digital technology while not impeding ongoing business operations in the process.
- Make sense of the complex challenges across their top-level strategic journeys that underlie their marketing efforts, and work with them to grow new skills and capabilities to address today’s business challenges.