Travel, Hospitality & Leisure
Customization, Personalization & Purchase Decision Simplification Enabled By Technology
Intense competition, new classes of market entrants, and shifting consumer preferences and loyalties are just a few of the factors that make travel, hospitality & leisure an intensely demanding industry. Consumers want services and experiences that are personalized to their needs, that come from a trusted provider, are frictionless in terms of time and effort involved, and fully deliver against their expectations.
While bricks and mortar remain at the core of most consumer experiences, digital technology continues to grow as a critical component. But most providers aren’t executing digital well. For example, the Internet provides so much information that the travel-purchase decision has become more difficult for many consumers. The process is often seen as protracted, complicated and sometimes annoying. It represents a high-anxiety purchase of something that usually can’t be returned, and where each individual has their own specific needs that they’d like accommodated. Research has shown that the search for a single room can take 36 days and involve 45 touchpoints.
Significant growth in travel demand is building from an emerging middle class who are shifting their spending from goods to experiences, while corporate travel demand remains strong. Customization and personalization, predominantly enabled by digital technologies, will be a core determinant for separating the winners from the losers.
What We Do
Core Agenda works with travel, hospitality & leisure leaders, their marketing & sales teams and their marketing outside resources to help them:
- Develop initiatives that predict and react to their consumers along with strategies to create a strong identity for their brand and build customer loyalty.
- Build an updated digital and online channels strategy in depth with clearly defined objectives and targets for each digital component and that support the growing self-service trend.
- Design and implement a customer experience plan that is consistent with their brand identity and establishes trust across all touchpoints; audit coverage gaps in key customer experience touchpoints and develop marketing initiatives to cover them.
- Shorten and make easier the travel-purchase journey beyond the sales conversion process alone, helping consumers explore, choose, and feel great about their purchases
- Build online reputation management programs to monitor, identify and influence their digital reputation and credibility.
- Evaluate their preparedness for a multi-channel to omni-channel customer experience transition by using the Core Agenda Multi-Channel to Omni-Channel Road Map Audit.
- Develop a plan to better capture customer data and use customer analytics to improve operational performance across sales, marketing and customer service.
- Select and implement great customer-focused marketing initiatives that target key customer journey touchpoints, taking advantage of Core Agenda’s broad expertise in strategy, customer-focused marketing, digital marketing, marketing technology, creative services, business analytics and more.
- Simplify their struggle to modernize digital technology while not impeding ongoing business operations in the process.
- Make sense of the complex challenges across their top-level strategic journeys that underlie their marketing efforts, and work with them to grow new skills and capabilities to address today’s business challenges.